Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Hire
1. Terms. All terms are per week (unless your booking is for one of our short stay holidays) and is for the Bungalow or Chalet as equipped and described in the brochure information. Your take-over time is 2 p.m. (subject to unavoidable delays) You must leave the accommodation by 10 a.m. and you are expected to leave everything clean and tidy,you will be held responsible to make good or pay for any damage to the accommodation or fittings.
2. We ask you not to arrive before the time stated on your final receipt, the staff at the various locations do need the few hours on changeover days to make ready your accommodation. If you do take over the accommodation before the normal time without checking with us first Blue Riband cannot be held responsible for the condition of your accommodation, it is therefore in your own interest not to arrive before the stated time.
3 Booking Contract. Once a booking has been made the deposit paid is for that holiday only and a conformation receipt will be issued for that booking. Deposits are non-refundable, if a change cannot be avoided only 50% of the deposit can be transfered to the new booking date or location.
4, All persons in your party must be entered on the booking formand detials of pets you wish to bring. Blue Riband Holidays reserve the right to refuse persons or pets not entered on booking form.
5, Blue Riband holidays guarantee the price of your holiday at the time of booking, there will be no surcharges added. The only exception would be due to a change in the rate of VAT. which is included in all our prices. The price would be adjusted to the rate applicable at the time of your holiday.
6. Wheelchair/Disabled Persons. Most of the locations and holiday accommodation featured in our brochure is unsuitable for holidaymakers with mobility difficulties. If your party includes people with special needs, please discuss these special needs fully with Blue Riband Holidays before making your booking. Will the person with special needs have someone competent to attend to them during their holiday?
7 We regret that bookings from groups of either young women or young men cannot be accepted.
8. Should the accommodation required not be available when the deposit and booking forms are received, we will endeavour to offer an alternative choice, should this not be acceptable the deposit will be refunded in full.
9 AVAILABILITY. The booking is made on the understanding that the accommodation will be placed at your disposal on the date stated. Should this not be possible, through circumstances not under the control of the owner, (e.g. fire theft or damage) we cannot guarantee to provide an alternative property , in which case all monies paid shall be refunded in full, but the hirer shall have no further claim against Blue Riband Holidays. Blue Riband Holidays endeavour to ensure the availability of amenities in it's brochure, but shall not be liable in respect of their non-availability .
10 Blue Riband Holidays shall not be liable for the death of, or injury to any person on holiday , in or visiting Blue Riband accommodation, or for any loss of or damage to the property of any such person, however any such death, injury , loss or damage may be caused.
11. We will always try our best to ensure you will have a peaceful holiday, however Blue Riband Holidays shall not be held responsible for any noise or disturbance from a neighbouring or adjoining prperty which is not under the direct control of Blue Riband Holidays.
12, Unreasonable behaviour, Blue Riband holidays will not allow antisocial behaviour to compromise the enjoyment of other holiday makers in adjoining or nearby holiday homes. Loud music, barking dogs left unattended, or unacceptable noise levels especially late at night. If bad behaviour persists you may be asked to leave the park by the managment of that park.
13, Area maps shown in the brochure are not drawn to scale and are intended only as a guide to help you choose your accommodation.
14 Smoking : we have decided that our accommodation will now be non smoking units. Most persons who smoke are very reasonable and smoke outside their holiday home.
15,Travelling to your holiday destination is the responsibility of the hirer. Blue riband Holidays are not responsible for any problems you may have with travel arrangements. I.E weather conditions. fuel problems, vehicle breakdowns etc., Monies paid cannot be refunded or transferred to another date or holiday.
Your Holiday Cancellation Plan
The £5 payment is per week or part week booked and covers all persons in your party. (please note illnes to a pet is not covered in this scheme) If you have to cancel before the start of your holiday the first and most important thing is to let us know, by phone then by first-class letter as soon as possible.( can also be sent by e mail, in which case we will reply by e mail) Enclose your booking receipt and a stamped addressed envelope if you require a reply. It is to your advantage to give us the earliest possible warning of a cancellation to enable us to try and re-let the accommodation.
Once a booking has been made a legal contract exists which makes you liable for the full cost of the accommodation regardless of the reason for your cancellation, this is only fair to the owners of the accommodation.
Blue Riband Holidays operate a very good value Cancellation Plan at a cost of only £5 per week. This will relieve you of all the worry if you have to cancel for one of the following reasons: -
Illness, injury, death or maternity, or illness of any member of your party, or the death, serious injury or illness of a close relative. A medical certificate is required in all cases.
If you have paid the £5 per week booked Cancellation Plan charge at the time of booking your holiday, and you have to cancel your holiday for one of the qualifying reasons you will be entitled to a refund of your holiday money less the deposit part of your payment. Your deposit, £45 per week booked and the £5 charge for the Cancellation Plan are not refundable.
The cancellation plan terminates at 2 pm on the day before your holiday starts. We only charge £5 per week booked for this service and it is only fair that everyone pays into the scheme in order for it to work. If your reason for cancellation is not covered by the plan we will do our very best to re-let the accommodation, in which case we may be able to make a refund, however if you choose not to pay into the scheme then no refund can be made.
Please note this is a Cancellation Plan and does not cover curtailment of a holiday.
All information is correct at time of publication.